Terms of Service
By using the Books That Make You website, this website, which is a d.b.a. of Black Chateau Enterprises, you as a user agree to accept the terms and conditions which are here presented in full.
In the case that you may have concerns or if you disagree with these terms and conditions, or if you disagree with any part or parts of these terms and conditions, you then should not use the Books That Make You website. You should not participate and by your own will, should cease visiting it and participating in contests, the newsletter, which you agree that you are able to unsubscribe from, by clicking on the unsubscribe link that is provided by the third party providing the email newsletter. In essence, you must not use this website or anything it provides by your choice and your actions.
Black Chateau Enterprises is the owner of all the intellectual property rights on this website, the Books That Make You website. The Books That Make You logo is our mark and cannot be used without our permission. All our intellectual property rights are reserved. If you would like to use our mark, republish our content, or use our website in a manner that is monetary, or commercial, you must be granted permission. Sharing on social media for personal entertainment is not considered commercial use, unless it is posted for the purpose of generating income in boosted posts or promoted posts that drive traffic to a third party site. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Contests and Book Giveaways Rules and Regulations
THERE IS NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN BOOKS THAT MAKE YOU CONTESTS OR GIVEAWAYS. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Contests and giveaways are open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, as well as areas where such contests and giveaways are legal and are free of regulations, laws, and of any specific requirements that may conflict with the rules, guidelines and of the terms of the contest or giveaway. Give aways and contests are void where prohibited. Contests are pen to persons 18 years of age or older. By entering the contest, you declare that you are 18 years of age or older and will provide valid government ID or proof of age upon request. Request for identification may be conducted prior to shipping and receiving of contest or awards prizes. The odds of winning a contest or giveaway are based on the total number of entries and any specific rules of the contest or giveaway.
Giveaways and contests are administered by Black Chateau Enterprises, dba Books That Make You, which is also known as the Company. Questions, complaints, or comments about the giveaway or contest should be directed to the contest administrator and use of the Contact Us page should be used to send queries regarding any contests or giveaways. Contest sponsor(s), authors, publishers, promotional partners and the administrator is herein collectively referred to as the Contest Entities.
1. To participate, submit follow rules for each contest or giveaway. You may be asked to subscribe to a newsletter or participate in social media activity. Entering a contest or giveaway is your consent to subscribe you to newsletters and email lists, as well as share information on social media, such as naming you as a contest winner.
Entries for contests may be submitted by entering the Rafflecopter entry for each individual contest, or by other methods offered for each contest, or by sending the entry to Hello @ Books That Make You .com. Entries must include name and email address and phone number to be eligible. Contact information must be valid. Entries can be mailed to Books That Make You care of Black Chateau Enterprises, PO Box 721090, Norman, OK 73070-4841.
2. All entries must be received on time to be eligible. The deadline for each is different. Entries must be made during the designated Contest Period. Limit of one (1) winner per household, per time period. The Company assumes no responsibility for contestants and entries not making timely entrants due to delays of the internet, email, or mail service.
3. Conditions on Participation for Contests and Giveaways: If the entrant or winner is not able to verify registration information, such as legal age or address, the entrant may be automatically disqualified and their prize may be forfeited. The Company does reserve, at its sole discretion, the right to select an alternative qualifier or winner in the event that a qualifier or winner has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible for any reason. The Company is not responsible for any changes of mailing address, or of emailing address, or of phone number of winners or of entrants. The Company will make effort to notify winners through the email address, social media, or phone number provided. This notification is deemed to have occurred the time that the Company places the phone call or sends the email or social media message, or through other types of communication. The Company will make reasonable effort to notify winners, however, the Company is not obligated to leave voice mail on an answering machine or other to leave any other type of messages and is not responsible if messages are not received by the entrant or the winner. The Company is also not responsible for, and the Company shall not be liable for any late, unsuccessful, or erroneous efforts and methods conducted to notify a winner, qualifier or potential winner. If the qualifier or the potential winner does not claim the prize or award within the appropriate time, which is given upon the notification, or unless otherwise stated herein, or within the specific terms or rules of the contest or giveaway, the entrant will automatically, at the discretion of the Company, and may be disqualified and have their prize or award forfeited, and no alternative prize or award will be substituted. Furthermore, any and all eligible contestants agree to these terms as follows:All decisions of the Company and any judges the Company appoints, will be final. By participating, you as an eligible contestant agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) as between you and the Company, that the decisions of the Company are final on all matters relating to the terms of the Awards and of the Contest; (c) you agree that you are not participating on behalf of any employer of the Company, or of a third party; (d) in the event that you do not adhere to and comply with the rules, then the eligible entrant or winner will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Company. The Company, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select a different or an alternate qualifier or potential winner at that time, or may select to not award a prize or award for the contest or giveaway.
4. You must be 18 years of age or older to win. No purchase is necessary to win or to qualify for any contest or giveaway. One qualifier per household for each contest or giveaway. Void where prohibited.
5. The contest is open to everyone who qualifies, however it is not open to any employees of Books That Make You, or of Black Chateau Enterprises, or their families, their agencies and their representatives.
6. All taxes are relative to the prize packages and the awards are the sole responsibility of the winner. There are no prize substitutions, no assignments and no transfers.
7. By participating in a contest or giveaway, all entrants, qualifiers and winners, do acknowledge and agree that they entered the contest or giveaway of their own free will. They also do acknowledge that the full and complete rules and the details of the contest have been made available to you and that you therefore understand and agree that neither Books That Make You, Black Chateau Enterprises, their employees, agents, affiliates, authors, clients, sponsors, representatives or contract employees, have any form of liability with respect to there being any damages out of acceptance, the winning, and the use of a prize or award. Furthermore, by entering a Company contest or promotion, you as a participant agrees to be bound by these conditions and these rules.